Re: [webalizer] Grouping by regex?

  • crime
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2002
      What I'm struggling with is :
      Given files of the format of:
      class1/lesson1drill1
      class1/lesson1drill2
      class1/lesson1dialog1
      class1/lesson1dialog2
      class1/lesson1example1
      ...etc...

      class2/lesson1drill1
      class2/lesson1dialog1
      class2/lesson1example1
      ...etc...

      class3/Lesson2Drill1
      ...etc...

      I'd like to gather statistics on:
      GroupURL *drill All-drills-all-classes
      (should I remove the wildcard from that to get the drill1, drill2 thing?
      trying both with and without the wildcard doesn't seem to be working
      for me)

      GroupURL *dialog All-dialogs-all-classes
      GroupURL class1* class1-downloads
      GroupURL class2* class2-downloads

      class1/lesson1drill1 should register both in All-drills-all-classes, AND
      class1-downloads.

      And class1/lesson1drill1, class1/lesson1drill2, and class2/lesson1drill1
      should all register in All-drills-all-classes.

      Any Idea how to make this work?

      And how can I get the class3/Lesson2Drill1 to show up in the same group
      as class1/lesson1drill1? (I.E. I have some capitalization differences
      in filenames -- is there a way to ignore case in the regex matching
      for groups?)

      (and I'd LOVE to get *lesson1* (etc.) statistics..... but we can only
      use 1 wildcard? Do you do that by dropping the wildcards altogether?
      This would be really nice to see if there is a trend of people using
      earlier lesson materials v.s. later lesson materials, etc.)

      How exactly do the wildcards work: do they act as an anchor --
      everything before this must be the exact url, and then whatever after?
      or this url can have whatever, but once it hits this textstring it must
      end with it? Is this even a coherent question or am I too low on
      caffeine?

      GACK!

      Does can anyone point me at some good COMPLICATED examples of grouping?

      --
      -- Matthew K. Bixby
      -- crime@...