Re: Referrer info / Search strings

  • les_cseh
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2002
      --- In webalizer@y..., Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@w...> wrote:
      > > Is this the right approach?
      >
      > Not at all. Search string are extracted from the referer string
      > and not from the file being read from your server. The entries
      > for the other search engines won't work either. It must be
      > something like this:
      >
      > SearchEngine yahoo.com p=
      > SearchEngine msn.com q=

      Thanks, Keez.

      Are you saying there is no way for Webalizer to extract that
      information, that I'll have to either use another tool or do it
      manually?

      Regards,

      lcc.
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2002
        les_cseh wrote on 16-05-2002:

        > [Stats on arguments with local webpages]
        > Are you saying there is no way for Webalizer to extract that
        > information, that I'll have to either use another tool or do it
        > manually?

        Webalizer, doesn't handle that information. I've just a checked
        a webalizer.current file for a website that uses arguments on
        asp-pages, but webalizer doesn't save the arguments.

        You'll have to find another tool to extract that information
        from the logfile(s).
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        Stop and stare at the sea of smiles around you! [The Phantom]