Grouping by regex?

  • lemmy98
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2002

      is it possible to group/hide urls by regular expressions?

      bye,
      [L]
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2002
        lemmy98 wrote on 16-05-2002:

        > is it possible to group/hide urls by regular expressions?

        # The value can have either a leading or trailing '*' wildcard
        # character. If no wildcard is found, a match can occur anywhere
        # in the string. Given a string "www.yourmama.com", the values
        # "your", "*mama.com" and "www.your*" will all match.
        # Your own site should be hidden.

        If I read the sample.conf right, you can't use regex to group
        URL's. If an URL matches more than one group, it will only be
        included in the first match.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        She must be a million years old [Sunset Blvd]
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2002
          Mathias Homann wrote on 17-05-2002:

          > > > is it possible to group/hide urls by regular expressions?
          > > # The value can have either a leading or trailing '*' wildcard
          > > # character. If no wildcard is found, a match can occur anywhere
          > But I could group stuff like /*/cmd.exe and the like?
          > How about more that one url string in a group/hide statement?
          >
          > I'd like to:
          > GroupURL */cmd.exe,*/root.exe Nimda Attack!
          > HideURL */cmd.exe,*/root.exe
          > etc etc

          GroupURL *.exe Nimda Attack!
          HideURL *.exe

          This will include other executables, taken from your server.

          A Nimda attack consist of 16 lines (2x root.exe and 14x a cmd.exe),
          and could be simplified to:

          GroupURL */root.exe Nimda Attack!
          HideURL cmd.exe
          HideURL root.exe
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          I'm a sensation [Tommy]
        • crime
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2002
            What I'm struggling with is :
            Given files of the format of:
            class1/lesson1drill1
            class1/lesson1drill2
            class1/lesson1dialog1
            class1/lesson1dialog2
            class1/lesson1example1
            ...etc...

            class2/lesson1drill1
            class2/lesson1dialog1
            class2/lesson1example1
            ...etc...

            class3/Lesson2Drill1
            ...etc...

            I'd like to gather statistics on:
            GroupURL *drill All-drills-all-classes
            (should I remove the wildcard from that to get the drill1, drill2 thing?
            trying both with and without the wildcard doesn't seem to be working
            for me)

            GroupURL *dialog All-dialogs-all-classes
            GroupURL class1* class1-downloads
            GroupURL class2* class2-downloads

            class1/lesson1drill1 should register both in All-drills-all-classes, AND
            class1-downloads.

            And class1/lesson1drill1, class1/lesson1drill2, and class2/lesson1drill1
            should all register in All-drills-all-classes.

            Any Idea how to make this work?

            And how can I get the class3/Lesson2Drill1 to show up in the same group
            as class1/lesson1drill1? (I.E. I have some capitalization differences
            in filenames -- is there a way to ignore case in the regex matching
            for groups?)

            (and I'd LOVE to get *lesson1* (etc.) statistics..... but we can only
            use 1 wildcard? Do you do that by dropping the wildcards altogether?
            This would be really nice to see if there is a trend of people using
            earlier lesson materials v.s. later lesson materials, etc.)

            How exactly do the wildcards work: do they act as an anchor --
            everything before this must be the exact url, and then whatever after?
            or this url can have whatever, but once it hits this textstring it must
            end with it? Is this even a coherent question or am I too low on
            caffeine?

            GACK!

            Does can anyone point me at some good COMPLICATED examples of grouping?

            --
            -- Matthew K. Bixby
            -- crime@...