Re: Apache configs for hosted domains

  • viewless1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 10:14 AM
      Here's how we do it. We create a directory called webalizer under
      the virtual hosts root web directory so they can type
      www.whatever.com/webalizer to see their stats, then set up the
      httpd.conf like so:

      <VirtualHost *>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@...
      DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/foo
      ServerName www.foo.com
      ServerAlias foo.com
      ErrorLog logs/host.foo-error_log
      CustomLog logs/host.foo-access_log common
      </VirtualHost>

      <VirtualHost *>
      ServerAdmin webmaster@...
      DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/bar
      ServerName www.bar.com
      ServerAlias *.bar.com
      ErrorLog logs/host.bar-error_log
      CustomLog logs/host.bar-access_log common
      </VirtualHost>

      This creates a separate access log for each virtual host in apache's
      log directory. We then run webalizer nightly against each of the
      access logs, dropping results off in the respective webalizer
      directories. See the webalizer FAQ for running against multple
      webalizer.conf files if you're not sure how to do that. Hope this
      helps.