Page counts question

  • dave h
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2002
      I have a site that uses a fast cgi page to handle all
      requests like so:
      http://foo/dm.fcgi?showpage=home
      http://foo/dm.fcgi?showpage=reviews

      Does anyone know how to set up the webalizer config
      files to show hits on these pages? All I see in the
      reports is number of hits on dm.fcgi, which doesn't
      tell me how users ae navigating the site. TIA

      LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
      http://launch.yahoo.com
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 16, 2002
        dave h wrote on 15-05-2002:

        > I have a site that uses a fast cgi page to handle all
        > requests like so:
        > http://foo/dm.fcgi?showpage=home
        > http://foo/dm.fcgi?showpage=reviews
        >
        > Does anyone know how to set up the webalizer config
        > files to show hits on these pages? All I see in the
        > reports is number of hits on dm.fcgi, which doesn't
        > tell me how users ae navigating the site. TIA

        Webalizer strips everthing from the first "?". The only thing
        you can do is abuse the search string option.

        Add the following to your webalizer.conf:
        SearchEngine foo showpage=

        In the table with Total Search Strings, you'll get entries
        for "home" and "reviews" now.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        Who would have the gall to send this ? [The Phantom]