Apache configs for hosted domains

  • George
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2002
      Hi, can someone give me a sample of how they have
      their apache configs setup for hosted domains on a
      single server? I've got several sites that I want to
      be able to allow the site owners see their specific
      site stats. Webalizer is running, Redhat 7.2 and
      access log files are being created now. But how do i
      split out the details for the clients? Help.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • viewless1
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2002
        Here's how we do it. We create a directory called webalizer under
        the virtual hosts root web directory so they can type
        www.whatever.com/webalizer to see their stats, then set up the
        httpd.conf like so:

        <VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@...
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/foo
        ServerName www.foo.com
        ServerAlias foo.com
        ErrorLog logs/host.foo-error_log
        CustomLog logs/host.foo-access_log common
        </VirtualHost>

        <VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@...
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/html/bar
        ServerName www.bar.com
        ServerAlias *.bar.com
        ErrorLog logs/host.bar-error_log
        CustomLog logs/host.bar-access_log common
        </VirtualHost>

        This creates a separate access log for each virtual host in apache's
        log directory. We then run webalizer nightly against each of the
        access logs, dropping results off in the respective webalizer
        directories. See the webalizer FAQ for running against multple
        webalizer.conf files if you're not sure how to do that. Hope this
        helps.