a dns related and searchstring related question

  • Stefanos Karasavvidis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2002
      I have 2 questions, one related to DNS lookup and the webalizer
      interface, and another to the searchstrings

      i run webalizer with something like
      webalizer -c /usr/local/httpd/virtual/epe/stats/webalizer.conf

      DNS lookup is enabled with DNS chlidren set to 8
      my problem is that when issuing the above command webalizer keeps asking
      for the number of DNS chlidren with a default value as stated in the
      config file.... for example it states
      Using logfile /usr/local/httpd/logs/www.epe.org.gr-access_log (clf)
      DNS Lookup (8):
      is there a way to disable this??

      My other problem is that webalizer does not show any search strings,
      although I checked that there are some entries in my log file

      I have (for example) a hidereferer and groupreferer entry for in.gr (a
      greek portal) and the associated searchengine option
      SearchEngine in.gr data=

      the referrers are grouped and hidden as they are supposed to do, but I
      get no search strings from any search engine.

      Any hints on this one?

      Regards
      Stefanos