Re: [webalizer]Installation problem on win2k

  • A Gopal
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      I installed webalizer on win2k server with IIS w3c
      format. And I edited the file synchronisation.bat as
      mentioned in installation manual and created
      webalizer.conf.

      I scheduled the task for yesterday night 00:00 hrs and
      edited the autoexec.bat.

      Today when I checked it, It's not working and moreover
      it has not created any index.html or .png files
      mentioned in anual default. so please let me know how
      to solve this problem.

      thanks

      gopal

      --- Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@...> wrote:
      > michael_lugassy wrote on 01-05-2002:
      >
      > > I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for
      > example:
      > >
      > > http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
      > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
      > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
      > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo
      > >
      > > currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as
      > index.cfm (/)
      > > how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
      > > a grouping alias like this, for example:
      > >
      > > index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
      > > index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)
      > >
      > > IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
      > > 2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm
      > cat=1048 200 8336

      Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461)
      > -
      >
      > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer
      > snips everything
      > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try
      > to abuse the
      > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind
      > of workaround,
      > not really grouping of URL's.
      > --
      > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T:
      > +31-10-2448344
      > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F:
      > +31-10-2448356
      > http://www.wirehub.net/
      > mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
      > They seem to have real trees around [Crazy for You]

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • michael_lugassy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Kees,

        > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
        > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
        > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
        > not really grouping of URL's.

        I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
        on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
        showproduct.cfm? the search engine workaround is bad :(

        are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
        not thinking about? :((

        Michael.
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          On Wed, 1 May 2002, michael_lugassy wrote:

          > > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
          > > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
          > > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
          > > not really grouping of URL's.
          > I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
          > on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
          > showproduct.cfm?

          Yes, and without the '?'.

          >the search engine workaround is bad :(

          AFAIK, that's the only option in webalizer which handles
          the part of the URL after the '?'.

          > are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
          > not thinking about? :((

          No, I'm not the developer, just a system administrator who
          has installed it on his systems.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356