Re: [webalizer] Fusebox based site

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      michael_lugassy wrote on 01-05-2002:

      > I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for example:
      >
      > http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
      > http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
      > http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
      > http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo
      >
      > currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as index.cfm (/)
      > how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
      > a grouping alias like this, for example:
      >
      > index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
      > index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)
      >
      > IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
      > 2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm cat=1048 200 8336
      > Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461) -

      That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
      from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
      SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
      not really grouping of URL's.
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      They seem to have real trees around [Crazy for You]
    • A Gopal
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Hi all,

        I installed webalizer on win2k server with IIS w3c
        format. And I edited the file synchronisation.bat as
        mentioned in installation manual and created
        webalizer.conf.

        I scheduled the task for yesterday night 00:00 hrs and
        edited the autoexec.bat.

        Today when I checked it, It's not working and moreover
        it has not created any index.html or .png files
        mentioned in anual default. so please let me know how
        to solve this problem.

        thanks

        gopal

        --- Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@...> wrote:
        > michael_lugassy wrote on 01-05-2002:
        >
        > > I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for
        > example:
        > >
        > > http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
        > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
        > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
        > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo
        > >
        > > currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as
        > index.cfm (/)
        > > how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
        > > a grouping alias like this, for example:
        > >
        > > index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
        > > index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)
        > >
        > > IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
        > > 2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm
        > cat=1048 200 8336

        Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461)
        > -
        >
        > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer
        > snips everything
        > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try
        > to abuse the
        > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind
        > of workaround,
        > not really grouping of URL's.
        > --
        > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T:
        > +31-10-2448344
        > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F:
        > +31-10-2448356
        > http://www.wirehub.net/
        > mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
        > They seem to have real trees around [Crazy for You]

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • michael_lugassy
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          Kees,

          > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
          > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
          > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
          > not really grouping of URL's.

          I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
          on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
          showproduct.cfm? the search engine workaround is bad :(

          are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
          not thinking about? :((

          Michael.
        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            On Wed, 1 May 2002, michael_lugassy wrote:

            > > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
            > > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
            > > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
            > > not really grouping of URL's.
            > I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
            > on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
            > showproduct.cfm?

            Yes, and without the '?'.

            >the search engine workaround is bad :(

            AFAIK, that's the only option in webalizer which handles
            the part of the URL after the '?'.

            > are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
            > not thinking about? :((

            No, I'm not the developer, just a system administrator who
            has installed it on his systems.
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356