Fusebox based site

  • michael_lugassy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2002
      I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for example:

      http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
      http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
      http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
      http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo

      currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as index.cfm (/)
      how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
      a grouping alias like this, for example:

      index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
      index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)

      IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
      2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm cat=1048 200 8336
      Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461) -

      Thanks!
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        michael_lugassy wrote on 01-05-2002:

        > I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for example:
        >
        > http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
        > http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
        > http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
        > http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo
        >
        > currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as index.cfm (/)
        > how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
        > a grouping alias like this, for example:
        >
        > index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
        > index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)
        >
        > IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
        > 2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm cat=1048 200 8336
        > Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461) -

        That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
        from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
        SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
        not really grouping of URL's.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        They seem to have real trees around [Crazy for You]
      • A Gopal
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          Hi all,

          I installed webalizer on win2k server with IIS w3c
          format. And I edited the file synchronisation.bat as
          mentioned in installation manual and created
          webalizer.conf.

          I scheduled the task for yesterday night 00:00 hrs and
          edited the autoexec.bat.

          Today when I checked it, It's not working and moreover
          it has not created any index.html or .png files
          mentioned in anual default. so please let me know how
          to solve this problem.

          thanks

          gopal

          --- Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@...> wrote:
          > michael_lugassy wrote on 01-05-2002:
          >
          > > I use colfusion fusebox methology in my site, for
          > example:
          > >
          > > http://domain/index.cfm?cat=4000
          > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=profile
          > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=store&productid=40
          > > http://domain/index.cfm?action=search&q=foo
          > >
          > > currently, webalizer parses ALL index.cfm* as
          > index.cfm (/)
          > > how can I change that? I wish to have, in the end,
          > > a grouping alias like this, for example:
          > >
          > > index.cfm?cat=* (Category watch)
          > > index.cfm?action=store* (Store browsing)
          > >
          > > IIS indeed logs url params on w3c, here:
          > > 2002-05-01 10:33:34 127.0.0.1 - GET /index.cfm
          > cat=1048 200 8336

          Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Q312461)
          > -
          >
          > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer
          > snips everything
          > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try
          > to abuse the
          > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind
          > of workaround,
          > not really grouping of URL's.
          > --
          > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T:
          > +31-10-2448344
          > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F:
          > +31-10-2448356
          > http://www.wirehub.net/
          > mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
          > They seem to have real trees around [Crazy for You]

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • michael_lugassy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            Kees,

            > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
            > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
            > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
            > not really grouping of URL's.

            I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
            on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
            showproduct.cfm? the search engine workaround is bad :(

            are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
            not thinking about? :((

            Michael.
          • Kees de Keizer
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2002
              On Wed, 1 May 2002, michael_lugassy wrote:

              > > That won't be easy. As you've noticed webalizer snips everything
              > > from the first '?' in the URL. You might want to try to abuse the
              > > SearchEngine keywords, but it only will be some kind of workaround,
              > > not really grouping of URL's.
              > I'm wondering - doesn't webalizer allows you to see hits that made
              > on pages like: showproduct.cfm?prid=1 , will it only shows
              > showproduct.cfm?

              Yes, and without the '?'.

              >the search engine workaround is bad :(

              AFAIK, that's the only option in webalizer which handles
              the part of the URL after the '?'.

              > are you the developer of this? maybe there is something we're
              > not thinking about? :((

              No, I'm not the developer, just a system administrator who
              has installed it on his systems.
              Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356