IIS log files are with 3 hours ahead,and are not following my local time.

  • sidvicious
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      I`m having problems with my IIS Server and this
      problem is reflecting in my Webalizer Statistics.
      Every log that is recorded in my IIS Server are with
      3 hours ahead. For example, in our local time it`s 3
      o'clock, but if some log is recorded in this moment,
      it`s saved with the hour 6 o'clock, always with 3 hours
      ahead.
      I think that the IIS may be using the GMT time (here
      in Brazil our local time is GMT - 3:00) to record the
      logs.
      Is there any way to make the IIS record logs in our
      local time instead of any other one? My Server`s clock
      is fine, this is not the answer for this issue.

      Thanks a lot!

      Pedro Antonio

      Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
      Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
      DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2002
        sidvicious wrote on 30-04-2002:

        > I`m having problems with my IIS Server and this problem is
        > reflecting in my Webalizer Statistics. Every log that is
        > recorded in my IIS Server are with 3 hours ahead.
        > I think that the IIS may be using the GMT time (here in
        > Brazil our local time is GMT - 3:00) to record the logs.
        > Is there any way to make the IIS record logs in our local
        > time instead of any other one?

        The W3C format always log using GMT. If you want to use your
        local time, you should convert the log using the 'convlog'
        utility: convlog -ie ex*.log -t ncsa:-0300

        You could also log using the ncsa-format.

        Note that you should change the logtype in your webalizer
        settings to 'clf' instead of 'iis'.

        One other option is to use the 'ConvertTime' setting in
        the webalizer.conf. The notes says that it's for 'Test only'
        but you can give it a try:

        ConvertTime yes
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        She must be a million years old [Sunset Blvd]