Re: Log File Converter WAR

  • David A. Pérez
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2000
      Hi Kevin,

      > OK I hope this can end the log file converter WAR!

      I do not see any war.

      I just felt so bad when I saw that you copy the script line by line,
      just changing the name of some variables, adding your own comments a
      new switch, that I had to do anything.

      I shouldn't do what I did, but put it this way, I did not delete
      anything in your machines, except the logs and two Visual Basic
      programs that I will return to you if you do not have a back up, and
      now you know that there is a security hole in your network.

      Jean Noel HAYARTM did I great job including IIS support into
      Webalizer, but the script that I did still being valid, because it is
      not just a converter, it is a "search script". I think that is so
      easy to use it to locate 404 and 500 errors, and most important, 401
      errors to locate intruders :) (if the intruders do not delete the
      logs ;) Plus I'm includding support for MDaemon (an email server),
      and I will add support for anything else if anyone require it.

      And now, I do apologize for all this shit-cross-off-topic-messages.

      Let's work together :)

      a) IIS can save the time in GMT (default) or local.

      b) If anyone forgot to change the default de default, let's ad tehj
      swtich to the script. Send me the code, and I will add it to the
      script and, or course, your name, as it should be.

      c) You mention anything about reading more than one file at once?
      Let's do it.

      Instead of loosing our times in this stupid messages, we'll do it
      better putting our efforts together. I would be better for us, and
      for all the Webalizer users.

      I'm sorry for this off topic, but I hope that from now on, everybody
      will benefit from our differences.

      Kind regards,

      David A. Pérez
      ProActive Comms Ltd.