dns_cache in Windows

  • Thomas Smid
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2002
      I have recently downloaded my own (Windows-) version of Webalizer to my
      PC in order to be able to configure it according to my requirements. My
      problem is that I can't get the inverse dns-lookup to work. I had the
      idea to download the dns_cache from my website in order to avoid the
      lookup in real-time, but all my host addresses are still unresolved when
      I run the program (Webalizer seems to find the file as each time I run
      the program the dns_cache shows an updated date, but apparently does
      not manage to read the data).
      Is it possible that the dns_cache from my website (hosted on
      Linux/FreeBSD) is not compatible with the Windows format of my
      Webalizer, or what else could be the reason?

      Thomas