Re: [webalizer] How to export webalizer stats to mySQL database?

  • Alejandro Fernandez
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2002
      Hi,

      1) Set webalizer to export an ascii file. To do this, read the README that comes with it.
      2) Get that ascii file and import it into mysql: this is usually done with a script, but mysql and php being so popular, the way is a little simplified:

      You could start with this thread:

      http://www.phpbuilder.com/forum/read.php3?num=5&id=138&loc=0&thread=138

      Which might show you a few tips on how others have done it... (if it's useful I got this by searching google for "webalizer comma separated import mysql").

      Hope this helps...

      Ale

      On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:08:10 -0400
      Julia Jacobs <jjacobs@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know how to export webalizer stats to a mySQL database via cgi
      > or PHP? I know webalizer can export to a tab delim. ASCII file. I was
      > wondering if anyone had attempted to export the stats to a database or knew
      > of a website with instructions on how to do this. Warning: I'm not the
      > greatest coder in the world, but I have access to a few so GO EASY!
      > --
      > Julia Jacobs
      > Currant Media
      > 407-261-9351
      > Fax 407-261-0176
      > http://www.currantmedia.com
      > Members of The Better Business Bureau
      > * Multimedia Producers
      > * Web Design & Development
      > * 2D/3D Graphics/Animation
      > * Hosting, domain and e-mail
      > * E-Commerce ­ check, credit card validation

      Alejandro Fernandez
      Electronic Group Interactive
      --+34-65-232-8086--