Re: [webalizer] Re: Refining countries

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2002
      On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, speedblaster_web wrote:

      >> If you want to split the global country codes (.com .net .org)
      >> you'll need a DNS server which returns alternate reverse hosts
      >> for the IP addresses you want an alternate reverse for. If you
      >> use this option make sure this DNS is accessable only for the
      >> system which creates the stats. Please not that this affects
      >> all the hostnames in the statistics.

      > Can I use the DNS feature of WebAlizer? If I can use it, how do I do?

      You have to use the DNS feature of WebAlizer to get the 'new'
      hostnames, but these hostnames must be looked up in a nameserver.

      The nameserver with the fake reverses has to be the one
      configured in the network settings for the system on which
      webalizer runs. To do this you'll need to edit the file
      "/etc/resolv.conf" so it will only check to new nameserver.

      Setting up a nameserver has nothing to do with webalizer, but
      more with BIND.
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356