RE: [webalizer] Percentage

  • Klaus Mueller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002

      > And a last question: I do also use a
      > different tool to analyse my web statistics.
      > The number of vistis is far more bigger
      > than in the webalizer. They are running on
      > the same server and the settings seem to be
      > equal.

      There is no standard definition of "visit". Each tool can use a different
      one. Please check the readme to get the description of "webalizer-visits".

      I do not have answers for the other questions.

      Klaus
    • PeterBX
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        Okay well I'll take a shot at this one or part of it anyway...lol

        Not sure about how you can sort the way you want.

        Depending on how you have your conf file set up you may be seeing only some of the actually URL's. They may be grouped or you may have settings in the conf file to ignore/hide certain URL's from being shown in the stats report.  I do know that many other stats programs do not pick up on UNIQUE visits as well and so you may be getting inaccurate reports(bigger numbers), although you don't say what this other program is so I couldn't be sure. Hope this helps

        CorbinB2

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
          Op 04-04-2002 schreef Achim Achim:

          > There is another question: I do not believe that the
          > percentage of hits (top 50 URLs) is correct. If I sum up
          > all of them, I reach nearly 20%.What about the other 80%.
          > My Website is not that big....

          Your Top 50 of URL's represent nearly 20% of all the URL's. The
          header of the tables shows how many URL's are logged. I.E:
          "Top 50 of 4633 Total URLs"
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          Right up here is where I store the juice [Chicago]