ignore unresolved?

  • chris harwell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      hi,

      dns lookups work fine - but there are still
      unresolved sites. we'd like to prepare some stats to
      focus on a particular domain or set of hosts. i know
      how to ignore those that do resolve that we are not
      interested in... but how do you ignore the unresolved
      ones?

      any suggestions?

      thanks,

      =====
      ---
      chris
      crharwell@...

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Vinai Kopp
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002

        did you try

        IgnoreSite *
        IncludeSite wanted.host1.com
        IncludeSite another.one.org

        Didn't try it, but it should work...

        Greetings,

        Vinai

        --On Donnerstag, April 04, 2002 08:29:45 -0800 chris harwell
        <crharwell@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        >
        > dns lookups work fine - but there are still
        > unresolved sites. we'd like to prepare some stats to
        > focus on a particular domain or set of hosts. i know
        > how to ignore those that do resolve that we are not
        > interested in... but how do you ignore the unresolved
        > ones?
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
          Op 04-04-2002 schreef chris harwell:

          > dns lookups work fine - but there are still unresolved
          > sites. we'd like to prepare some stats to focus on a
          > particular domain or set of hosts. i know how to ignore
          > those that do resolve that we are not interested in...
          > but how do you ignore the unresolved ones?
          > any suggestions?

          Maybe. I work with a combination of "HideAllSites yes" and
          "GroupDomains 1". This will group the domains together and
          hide all the individual sites. The level of grouping is done
          with the value for GroupDomains.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          You gotta say your new year's resolution out loud [Sunset Blvd]