Can't delete index.html??

  • windycitywoman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      I was tweaking the webalizer.conf file for running the Windows
      Webalizer on an NT Web server.

      After several attempts, I turned on the detailed debug switch and
      found that Webalizer couldn't open it's own index.html to write to
      it. When I go to DELETE the index.html file, I get an error message
      saying there's been a sharing violation and the file is in use.
      But, it's not.

      What's the fix? I seem to remember that there's an "append" switch,
      but what if I just want to start over from scratch?

      Thanks.
      Windy
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        Op 01-04-2002 schreef windycitywoman:

        > I was tweaking the webalizer.conf file for running the Windows
        > Webalizer on an NT Web server.
        >
        > After several attempts, I turned on the detailed debug switch and
        > found that Webalizer couldn't open it's own index.html to write to
        > it. When I go to DELETE the index.html file, I get an error message
        > saying there's been a sharing violation and the file is in use.
        > But, it's not.
        >
        > What's the fix? I seem to remember that there's an "append"
        > switch, but what if I just want to start over from scratch?

        Reboot your system. This is an annoying NT bug. You see a file
        but it isn't there anymore. Reboot is the only known solution
        so far.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        Why can't a woman be like you ? [My Fair Lady]