IIS logs...

  • phinizy3
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2002
      Sorry for yet another IIS log questions... The server in question uses W3C monthly. Here is my question. It appears that I have to put the log file along with it's path in the webalizer.conf. How do I get webalizer to "webalize" all the logs for the year if I have to put the ex<date>.log in the .conf. I tried just placing the path without the file but it chokes.

      Thanks
    • pawan kinger
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2002
        For the logfile you can specify it as:
        ex*.log

        It'll definitely work.

        I also need some help.
        1. My stats are not showing KB data transfer, which i
        need.
        2. In my logfile generated by IIS - there is some junk
        character at one line, after which the webalizer stops
        reading it and creates stats just upto that line. How
        can i avoid that line (as the character's ascii value
        is not available, so its not possible to read it and
        remove it then).

        Thanks
        Pawan

        --- phinizy3 <harison@...> wrote:
        > Sorry for yet another IIS log questions... The
        > server in question uses W3C monthly. Here is my
        > question. It appears that I have to put the log
        > file along with it's path in the webalizer.conf.
        > How do I get webalizer to "webalize" all the logs
        > for the year if I have to put the ex<date>.log in
        > the .conf. I tried just placing the path without
        > the file but it chokes.
        >

        > Thanks

        > Webalizer for NT:
        > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards´┐Ż
        http://movies.yahoo.com/
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002
          Op 27-03-2002 schreef phinizy3:

          > Sorry for yet another IIS log questions... The server in question
          > uses W3C monthly. Here is my question. It appears that I have to
          > put the log file along with it's path in the webalizer.conf. How
          > do I get webalizer to "webalize" all the logs for the year if I have
          > to put the ex<date>.log in the .conf. I tried just placing the path
          > without the file but it chokes.

          At the end of the sample.conf are some entries for IIS logfiles.
          One of them is FolderLog. Point this entry to the folder containing
          your logfiles.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          You must be always on your guard [The Phantom]
        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002
            Op 27-03-2002 schreef pawan kinger:

            > 1. My stats are not showing KB data transfer, which i need.

            Obvious question: Do you log the 'Bytes Sent' (sc-bytes) ?

            Are the settings for TopKSites and TopKURLs greater than 0 ?

            > 2. In my logfile generated by IIS - there is some junk
            > character at one line, after which the webalizer stops
            > reading it and creates stats just upto that line. How
            > can i avoid that line (as the character's ascii value
            > is not available, so its not possible to read it and
            > remove it then).

            * Stop the logging
            * Edit the logfile with Notepad
            (if you dont know what to edit, remove the complete line)
            * Enable logging again.
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            You put in for mam, she'll put our for you [Chicago]
          • Jean-Noel Hayart
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2002
              Hello

              before clean problem line, can you paste it in a new file and send it to me
              ?

              regards

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
                hi,

                I've pasted the problem generating line into a new
                file as my logfiles are usually heavy, so i cann't
                open them easily. I've to find automatic solution
                (through some program). Kindly help me finding some
                solution.

                Thanks
                Pawan

                http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/