Build Past Months

  • warzonegts
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2002
      We recently had some server problems in November. After we got the
      server back up, I had thought that WA was running correctly, but it
      was only running correctly on a few sites... which just happened to
      be ones that I checked stats on reguarly.

      Not realizing this until several months later, stats for Nov 2001,
      Dec 2001, Jan 2002 and Feb 2002, never ran and were never generated.

      We fixed the problem, which has rebuild the stats for the current
      month (Mar 2002), but since WA did not run in the 3.5 previous
      months, those monthly reports were never generated so when we look at
      stats for a web site, it shows the dates:

      March 2002
      Feb 2001
      Jan 2001
      Dec 2000
      November 2001
      October 2001
      etc...

      Is there a way to make WA rebuild those past months reports from our
      log files?

      Thanks much,

      Brian
    • Vinai Kopp
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2002
        In similiar situation I simply removed all webalizer data (except the
        dns_cache.db) and let webalizer crunch through all logfiles again from the
        beginning. It took some time but it worked.

        I guess it's possible to edit webalizer.hist and webalizer.current (I
        didn't try) so webalizer only needs to redo the missig logentries. But I'm
        not shure about the format of those files.

        Greetings,

        Vinai

        --On Donnerstag, März 21, 2002 19:52:50 +0000 warzonegts