libpng error

  • aaronhaze
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2002
      Hi all, glad I found this group, hope you can help me...

      Installed webalizer, libpng 1.2.1, zlib.. no errors

      When running webalizer, I get the following error:

      [root@ensim /home]# webalizer -c /etc/webalizer-hazenet.conf
      libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.8
      libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1
      gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in
      application and library
      Segmentation fault (core dumped)
      [root@ensim /home]#

      I even tried removing libpng and installing the older 1.0.8 version
      and this did not clear it up either. Any Ideas?!?

      Thanks,
      Aaron
      aaron@...
    • Alejandro Fernandez
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2002
        You seem to have remnants of an older installation somewhere: please run

        locate png.h

        This might find you two copies in different directories of that file. Of course, libpng is used not by webalizer directly, but by gd, which is the bit that makes the graphs. So that's what I think you need to recompile in order to get the right stuff running.

        Hope that helps,

        Ale

        On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:16:48 -0000
        "aaronhaze" <aaron@...> wrote:

        > Hi all, glad I found this group, hope you can help me...
        >
        > Installed webalizer, libpng 1.2.1, zlib.. no errors
        >
        > When running webalizer, I get the following error:
        >
        > [root@ensim /home]# webalizer -c /etc/webalizer-hazenet.conf
        > libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.8
        > libpng warning: Application is running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1
        > gd-png: fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in
        > application and library
        > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
        > [root@ensim /home]#
        >
        > I even tried removing libpng and installing the older 1.0.8 version
        > and this did not clear it up either. Any Ideas?!?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Aaron
        > aaron@...

        Alejandro Fernandez
        Electronic Group Interactive
        --+34-65-232-8086--
      • ssggppmm
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2002
          you should not use gd lib binary download from sunfreeware.com,
          please use src, then rebuild it for your system. it is all right.

          -sonate

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/