Re: [webalizer] countries graph not working?

  • Ionut Lupsa
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
      > > Great program :-) Bit of a problem getting the countries graph to
      > > work. It shows as all green and 'unresolved'. We are running it on a
      > > Cobalt Raq 4.Can you help?
      >
      > Read the Documentation. You need to resolve the logs, either by switching
      > on resolution for your webserver, or webalizer can do it, too (hint:
      > webazolver).
      >
      > Greetings,
      >
      > Vinai

      You need to compile webalizer with "--enable-dns". As this may lead to some
      errors when compiling and show you a meesage like "DNS Lookup code
      disabled", you could try (firstly) read (and I mean it) the web
      documentation located at www.mrunix.net/webalizer or www.webalizer.org . You
      should search the FAQ for db_185 if this is the error you get.

      Secondly, if this fails and fails and fails (like in my case) you should
      enable in your commonhttpd.conf the feature "HostnameLookups on" which will
      resolve the IP and register the resolved IP in your access_log. Webalizer
      will read the resolved IP from these logs and ... finally show "some"
      contries only from the moment you restarted, of course, httpd...

      Regards,
      Ionut