Re: [webalizer] countries graph not working?

  • Vinai Kopp
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
      --On Donnerstag, März 07, 2002 17:11:42 +0000 adamjackson_2000
      <adamjackson_2000@...> wrote:

      > Great program :-) Bit of a problem getting the countries graph to
      > work. It shows as all green and 'unresolved'. We are running it on a
      > Cobalt Raq 4.Can you help?

      Read the Documentation. You need to resolve the logs, either by switching
      on resolution for your webserver, or webalizer can do it, too (hint:
      webazolver).

      Greetings,

      Vinai
    • Ionut Lupsa
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
        > > Great program :-) Bit of a problem getting the countries graph to
        > > work. It shows as all green and 'unresolved'. We are running it on a
        > > Cobalt Raq 4.Can you help?
        >
        > Read the Documentation. You need to resolve the logs, either by switching
        > on resolution for your webserver, or webalizer can do it, too (hint:
        > webazolver).
        >
        > Greetings,
        >
        > Vinai

        You need to compile webalizer with "--enable-dns". As this may lead to some
        errors when compiling and show you a meesage like "DNS Lookup code
        disabled", you could try (firstly) read (and I mean it) the web
        documentation located at www.mrunix.net/webalizer or www.webalizer.org . You
        should search the FAQ for db_185 if this is the error you get.

        Secondly, if this fails and fails and fails (like in my case) you should
        enable in your commonhttpd.conf the feature "HostnameLookups on" which will
        resolve the IP and register the resolved IP in your access_log. Webalizer
        will read the resolved IP from these logs and ... finally show "some"
        contries only from the moment you restarted, of course, httpd...

        Regards,
        Ionut