upgrading webaliser 2.0 to 2.01-06

  • james@tandemsolutions.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2000
      I am using windows 98, to view my Apache server logs.

      Everything seemed to be fine in my original version 1.?? (4 months
      ago) - including incremental logs.

      Version 2.0 seems to work fine, except my incremental mode does not
      seem to work. Maybe its me. I have downloaded my new log files, but
      the HTML output still shows my old data, even though the modification
      timestamps of various files has changed.

      What do I need to do ?
      What is involved with upgrading from 2.00 to 2.01-06 ?
      In my original 1.?? to 2.0 upgrade I deleted the old data files.
      Presumably the format of all the files is the same as 2.00 ?

      Any thoughts gratefully received.
    • HAYART Jean Noel
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2000
        Webalizer control version of incremental data file based on Version of
        product.
        for minor update 2.00.0 to 2.00.9 (example), compatibility of version file
        is preserved
        but version update 2.00.X to 2.01.X (example), webalizer don't process
        anything, and print error msg like "Error: unable to restore run data".

        you can test all you log file in an other output folder.
        begin with a config file from scratch for have all default value.

        Jean Noel HAYART

        (Old URL: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/)