Wrong numbers for sites and visitors with 2.x??

  • Stefanos Karasavvidis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      Since I installed the 2.x versions of webalizer (windows NT4 + Windows
      2000, apache log files) it seems that the numbers for sites and visitors
      are not correct. There are usually more sites than visitors, which does
      not make sense.

      I'm wondering now if the 1.3 version is correct or the 2.x version....

      Stefanos Karasavvidis
      Electronics & Computer Engineer
      e-mail : stefos@...

      Multimedia Systems Center S.A.
      Kissamou 178
      73100 Chania - Crete - Hellas
      http://www.multimedia-sa.gr

      Tel : +30 821 88447
      Fax : +30 821 88427
    • Waitman Gobble
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
        Stefanos,

        i am not sure about this, but if you look at log files a visitor may rack up
        more than one "site" on any particular visit. aol.com is a good one to look
        at, i believe that they way their set up works, their are multiple machines
        acting as proxy, they grab content and deliver back to client.

        that is how it appears to be working to me, from inspecting log files.

        best,

        Waitman Gobble
        Media Keepsakes
        Buena Park, CA