dns lookups fail all of a sudden

  • Atul
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2002
      Dear everyone,

      I installed Webalizer, and initially it worked like a dream. Then I tried to create a Crontab through Webmin, and all of a sudden the system began to send me notes every two minutes into my SSH session (logged in as root). I disabled webmin from Crontab, and then began to work on Webalizer again.

      However, now even despite removing Webalizer and re-installing it, I can't get DNS things going. They worked before. When I try to process the .conf file of a site, I get "Warning: Invalid keyword" etc. for DNS related entries in the conf file as below. Any insights into the problem?

      Thank you very much for your help in advance.

      Atul

      - - - - - - - - - -

      [root@150-25-179-208 webalizer-2.01-09]# webalizer -c raganuga.conf
      Warning: Invalid keyword 'DNSCache' (raganuga.conf)
      Warning: Invalid keyword 'DNSChildren' (raganuga.conf)
      Webalizer V2.01-09 (Linux 2.4.7-10) English
      Using logfile /home/raganuga/logs/access_log_180202 (clf)
      Creating output in /home/raganuga/usage
      Hostname for reports is 'raganuga.org'
      Reading history file... webalizer.hist
      Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
      6023 records (6023 ignored) in 0.11 seconds