Graphs patch

  • Alejandro Fernandez
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2002

      I'm working with webalizer to adapt it to suit requirements here at my work. As a result, I've been tinkering with the graphs.c file, which as the name suggests, creates all the graphs in webalizer. I made 3 changes: first I made graphs transparent, so that we can change backgrounds with the HTMLBody command in webalizer.conf.

      Second I removed the grey borders which by default go around all the graphs. They still have a thin black border.

      Because the words that appear in the graphs all have a slight dark grey background, this made them show up worse when the graph was transparent. In my opinion, shadows like this only complicate the graph to a casual user. I therefore removed all the shadows.
      I hope this change is useful. I'll be tinkering more with this file in future, as I'd like to separate things out so that each graph only shows one thing, rather than trying to show 3 things at once in some cases. I'll post my changes here and wherever else may be useful.

      To try this out, get the source version of webalizer, and copy my graphs.c into the directory where the other source files extract to, or if you have a build, just copy it in and type "make". Should I send diffs in future?

      I'm not sure if attached files work on this mailing list. If they don't please mail me and I will send you the file directly.

      Ale
      --
      Alejandro Fernandez
      Electronic Group Interactive