Re: [webalizer] Configuring Reverse Lookup?

  • Alejandro Fernandez
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2002
      If your sites get a lot of hits, it's best to look up the dns separately, or for each hit you will be devoting processing power and bandwidth on your server to finding out where that hit came from. Yes, you can get webalizer to do this, but it's a simple enough process and there are scripts available on the internet that will do it separately for you working directly on the logfile.

      To run webalizer with this you need to compile it with dns enabled. This can be tricky depending on your system... Please read the readme file that comes with webalizer and the online faq at it's website...

      Ale

      On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:04:38 -0000
      "cardesignnews" <cardesignnews@...> wrote:

      > What is involved in configuring DNS reverse lookup? We
      > currently have our server create 'combined' logs, but we are told
      > this is bad, and we should get Webalizer to do the lookups...
      > Anyone have experience with this issue?

      Alejandro Fernandez
      Electronic Group Interactive
      --+34-65-232-8086--