PWS logs (was Re: [webalizer] New release of webalizer for Win32)

  • Jake Roztocil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2000
      Jean,

      Obviously PWS is trival only because of its obvious limitations - it was only a point of curiousity (and assuming that there would be enough similarity to IIS default).  According to PWS documentation, logging is either on or off (no format options) and the docs state the following:

      Activity Logs and Security

      The simplest form of Web site security is to maintain a log of the computers that contact your site. The log records who visited your site, when they visited, and what they looked at. By checking your logs, you can find out how people are using your site, and make sure that no one is misusing it.

      Logs are written in the NCSA log file format and can be viewed in any text editor. New files are created monthly and placed in the Log File/W3SPC1 directory of your Windows System folder. The file names begin with Nc and are followed by the year, month, and day as numbers. For example, a log file made in August of 1997 would be named Nc9708.log. For instructions on enabling logging, see Logging Site Activity.

      I will send a zip of sample logs to your address directly.

      Thank you,

      Jake Roztocil

      jake@...