How to install?

  • PKolp@ICPN.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2000
      I realize this is probably a brain dead question but I've searched and
      simply cannot find the installation instructions for webalizer. I have
      downloaded the program, zipped, from the site, and have unzipped all files.
      My site is hosted on a unix box, with multiple domains under mine. How do I
      get this installed? I have complete access to the server, just need the
      instructions.

      Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, as I need this up and running
      immediately.

      Patty
    • Waitman Gobble
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2000
        Patty,

        check out INSTALL in webalizer directory. you should be able to

        cd [webalizer directory]

        ./configure
        make
        make install

        as long as your system is somewhat standard.

        best,

        Waitman Gobble
        Media Keepsakes
        Buena Park, CA

        Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/
      • PKolp@ICPN.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2000
          Well, I goofed. I don't have complete access. Only to my section on the
          server. I have my domain hosted remotely, which is where I want to install
          this. Can I still set this up myself? Or am I at the mercy of the host
          company? When I ftp in, my home directory holds: bin, dev, etc, home, lib,
          output, posts, tmp, usr, var, www. I currently have webalizer set up on my
          server (was installed by the host), but it does not work for the virtual
          hosts I have. I wanted to install and set it up for that. I cannot find a
          webalizer directory anywhere, but there is a webalizer.conf file in the main
          directory with the above mentioned directories.