849Re: Webalizer Configuration! Plz help

  • scotty_v
    Jan 1, 2002
      --- In webalizer@y..., "mzmalvi" <mzmalvi@y...> wrote:
      > Guys,
      > These might be very basic questions but I am pretty new to it, here
      > is my problem.

      Mmm . . . basic questions call for reading the documentation. In
      particular, you want the DNS.README, packaged in with the linux
      .tar.gz. Note the para near the bottom that I failed to read before
      shooting my mouth off on this group: if your stats are fed to
      webalizer by standard input and DNSChildren is specified, it will do
      the DNS lookups and exit.

      > o Logs to be set up to auto delete.

      That's not a webalizer function. You want to look for log rotation

      > o The software should be set up to minimise the maintenance
      > callouts.

      I don't really know what you mean by that. Most people find it
      sufficient to have webalizer run by cron daily. Will that suit you?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic