3742Re: Need to cronjob the webalizer

  • Mark
    Apr 7, 2009
      I forgot to mention that webalizer runs fine when requested as a HTTP request but falls flat on its face when requested as a cron job.

      Something clearly is preventing a server invoked cron job from completing, if you visited the site URL for /stats/ you get a web page with all the stats, however, not via a cron job, you get an error.

      So some help is really appreciated.

      Cheers,
      Mark.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mark.giblin@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Before anyone jumps the gun an points me to the FAQ... it is easier to say the hosting provider does not give access to the commandline of the server.
      >
      > So all the FAQ material on setting up webalizer as a cronjob is straight out the window.
      >
      > What the host has provided is the ablity to set up a cron job via the extendcp user pannel that allows by multiple choice the set up of jobs and using this I set one up to run every hour to make webalizer run... But... the index.cgi script that does the work fails at line 15, line 15 is simpley "die"
      >
      > I attempted to use the PHP http_get() but they do not have the PECL librays installed on the server, I assume that this would have solved my problem as it invokes a http request.
      >
      > The PHP script I wrote that scraped the history file works fine. The problem is that the stats only get updated when I or the editor invoke an update in the figures. I wanted this to be a cronjob but its just not happening.
      >
      > This is the part that its failing on:-
      >
      > if($cwd=~m#^(/home/(?:sites|cluster-sites/\d+)/[\w\.\-]+/)#) {
      >
      > and I guess that this where the problem is.
      >
      > Question is what do I need to change or add to get around this issue and please note, Perl, I have never used it or scripted in it so I am at a complete loss and the syntax aint exactly logical.
      >
      > The cronjob path is as follows:-
      >
      > /home/sites/tgnc.org.uk/public_html/stats/index.cgi
      >
      > and the email I get says:-
      >
      > Died at /home/sites/tgnc.org.uk/public_html/stats/index.cgi line 15.
      >
      > The web host do not provide software support but confirm that the cronjob is running as expected, I agree with them also.
      >
      > Can anyone provide me with the changes or can anyone help me write a hard coded version to get this running.
      >
      > Help is appreciated.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Mark.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic