3719Re: webalizer - differnet languages at runtime - feature request

  • dfedotova
    Oct 3, 2008
      Please see below...

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

> [...]
      option?

      > I've been looking into it.. however, due to it's multi-platform
      > support, using something like gettext is problematic.. for
      > example, Solaris uses a different mechanism and the two are not
      > compatable

      Actually, for my purposes a solaris-specific patch would be
      sufficient. I could keep the patch in the opensolaris distribution for
      now, without incorporating back into webalizer. When you make a
      generic solution available, I will update the OpenSolaris package.

      > The way we are currently doing it locally is to simply compile multiple
      > binaries for the languages desired.. webalizer-en, webalizer-sp,
      > webalizer-de, etc.. depending on how you have it setup, a simple
      > shell script can be implemented so language is selected on the
      > command line and the proper binary called.

      That's undesirable because the OpenSolaris distribution would have to
      include pre-compiled binaries for all languages. That would be a
      non-standard and wasteful solution. I'd rather go with a special patch
      for runtime selection.

      Could you help me create such a patch?

      Thanks,
      -- daria