3590Visits/day measurement tool

  • Karen Ajluni
    Jan 21, 2007

      Hello webalizer group,

      I just moved our organization’s website over to Network Solutions from Earthlink a few months ago. Network Solutions uses the webalizer tool, whereas Earthlink has their own “Urchin Reports.” After moving over our site, the web tool showed the average number of “visits per day” to our site at about 350. Prior to the move, when using Earthlink’s tool, the number of “visitors per day” consistently averaged at around 1,000. Has anyone else experienced something like this and can explain the phenomenom? Obviously, it must be something in how the different tools work and count visitors? But, what? I would LOVE to have a somewhat intelligent explanation to give my supervisor!

      Karen

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic