3583Re: [webalizer] Statistics in other language

    Jan 8, 2007
      You should then attempt to download the source code for webalizer,
      change the lang files, and then build it yourself telling it to build
      it using czech language. It's the only thing I can think about.

      On the source code you'll find a file called INSTALL. Basically, you'd
      have to execute:

      ./configure --with-language=czech
      make
      make install

      Normally, I only do "make", and then I call the executable that gets
      created inside the "build" subdirectory by giving the whole path to it.

      /opt/webalizer-2.01-10/build/webalizer

      This way, I can build several versions, and call one or other depending
      on what I want. You can build a czech version on a directory called
      "webalizer_czech", and this way you can still have the original version
      that was provided by the debian package.

      In my cron.daily file, I sometimes call different versions (this is
      part of a bigger file):

      options="-c $CONF -o $ROOT_OUTPUT_ALIZER/$version/$web_dir";

      if [[ $version == "original" ]]; then

      /opt/webalizer/webalizer-2.01-10/build/webalizer $options

      elif [[ $version == "2.6.4" ]]; then

      /opt/webalizer/webalizer-src-2.6.4.2/build/webalizer $options

      elif [[ $version == "2.7" ]]; then

      /opt/webalizer/webalizer_src_2_7_0_5/build/webalizer $options

      else

      echo "no valid version";

      fi;

      The versions 2.6 and 2.7 are from a fork of webalizer called Stone
      Steps Webalizer. It has a few more options than the original webalizer:

      http://www.stonesteps.ca/projects/webalizer/

      --- Marek Simon <simon@...> wrote:

      > I know, how I can set the encoding either in browser or the document,
      >
      > but the problem is deeper. The bad characters and question marks are
      > in
      > the document itself, not just in a browser view. I can see them in
      > shell.
      > The second problem - I didn't find any lang file for webalizer. It
      > seems
      > there is no such file. I installed webalizer from the linux
      > distribution
      > (debian sarge), because the maintanance is easy and there is usualy
      > no
      > problem with function, since the package systems watches the libs and
      >
      > deps. May be it is different here.
      > Marek

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com