  • Joosep-Georg Järvemaa
    Dec 6, 2006
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:
      > there are other alternatives... awstats comes to mind... i use both,
      webalizer and awstats, as well as one or two
      > others... each has their strengths and weaknesses and some show some
      info that others simply can't/won't... just like a
      > virus scanner, i don't trust the results of only one... give me at
      least three so that i can take the results of at
      > least two that agree...

      Sometimes there's no possibility to use alternatives. My (and I think
      most Linux/Apache) hosting providers use Webalizer and the only
      possibility to have that SearchEngine-related (mis)behaviour fixed is
      to get Brad to patch Webalizer and then wait until it makes it to that
      distribution's repositories the hosting provider uses.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic