3578Re: [webalizer] Several SearchEngine variables

  • waldo kitty
    Dec 4, 2006
      Joosep-Georg Järvemaa wrote:
      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@...> wrote:
      >> For the search engines, you should ask Mr. Barret to write a better
      >> search engines processing, one that would allow to process several
      >> variables for each engine, like altavista using q=, aqa=, aqp=, aqo=,
      >> aqb=, filetype= and r=.
      >
      > There hasn't been much progress on this one lately?
      >
      > I took a quick look at the code and it seems it's not very hard to fix
      > it but I'd better leave it someone who's more familiar with the code.

      there are other alternatives... awstats comes to mind... i use both, webalizer and awstats, as well as one or two
      others... each has their strengths and weaknesses and some show some info that others simply can't/won't... just like a
      virus scanner, i don't trust the results of only one... give me at least three so that i can take the results of at
      least two that agree...

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA