3498Problem using GroupAgent

  • John
    Apr 6, 2006
      I found a huge list of GroupAgent lines that were, I guess, supposed
      to make the Agents show up as, say, "Firefox" instead of "Mozilla/5.0
      (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111
      Firefox/1.5.0.1" and the 1,001 other variations. But they're all for
      bizarro browsers I've never heard of. I've been trying to understand
      what and how groupAgent works, but I'm drawing a blank. It doesn't
      seem to be like a grep, where if a given value appears anywhere in the
      log entry, then it's considered. I tried:

      GroupAgent Firefox Firefox

      That doesn't work. So... what would be the cleanest way to group
      Firefoxes, Netscapes, Safaris, etc. that will work with the millions
      of variations for each (X11 vs. Mac vs. Windows 5.0 vs. Windows 5.1
      vs. Win 9x, and then all the languages, and then other variations)?
      Or, if there's a way to explain just how GroupAgent works so I can
      bang on it some more...
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic