3426Re: [webalizer] Grouping agents and referrers

    Nov 20, 2005
      For the search engines, you should ask Mr. Barret to write a better
      search engines processing, one that would allow to process several
      variables for each engine, like altavista using q=, aqa=, aqp=, aqo=,
      aqb=, filetype= and r=.

      You can look at my signature and look at the webalizer.conf I have
      compiled. It's not perfect because I can't include spaces in the user
      agents names. That's another feature request for mr Barret, if you want
      to ask him.

      --- John Oliver <joliver@...> wrote:

      > I found some long lists of "SearchEngine" and "GroupReferrer" lines
      > that
      > are intended to make the referrers and user agent lists a little more
      > intuitive. However, the UserAgents are still full of:
      >
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
      > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Ge
      > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
      > Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.co
      > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1
      >
      > Is there a better list out there that will "translate" those strings
      > more intuitive names?
      >
      > And the SearchEngine lines... they do seem to work half-way, but
      > there
      > are still referrer lines that are clearly engines listed, but those
      > lines just didn't catch them. Again... is there a better, more
      > inclusive list out there?

      > * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/
      > *
      > *