3321Visit stats too low

  • xirzon
    Aug 25, 2005

      I'm the webmaster of:

      There's a webalizer V2.01-10 generating daily stats at:

      My problem is that the "Visits" statistics for every day are much too
      low. For example, on August 20, I am counting 274 unique IP addresses
      and 1983 hits. Webalizer reports the number of hits correctly, but
      only reports 22 visits.

      I'm not sure why it is doing this. One theory is that it's not
      counting many of these hits as visits because of my rewrite rules. For
      example, a typical URL on the site will look like this:

      There is no extension. I have set PageType in webalizer.conf to:

      PageType *
      PageType .php

      But this doesn't seem to do the trick. I also note that the "Page"
      counts seem accurate (i.e. slightly lower than the number of hits)

      Any ideas how I could get an accurate visit count?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic