3294Re: [webalizer] Problems with Truncating oversized referrer

  • William L. Thomson Jr.
    Jul 28, 2005
      On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 22:07 -0700, Colonel Angel wrote:
      > It is possible to group by domain name only without
      > the long referrnce line. It's in the webalizer.conf
      > file itself.

      A possible solution.

      > I'm sure you don't need the full referrence line, so
      > you should be able to group it by domain instead.

      I do want the information. Before with eBay there would be no way to
      tell what item, items were more popular etc. Viewed more, less, etc. I
      am happy their new format has changed that so I can see how much traffic
      certain auctions, items, etc are generating.

      Before I would just know that x number came from here
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

      Now I know exactly where they came from, which I do like.

      > I could be wrong, but... I believe it's possible.

      Yes but with data loss. I have a feeling this is going to start
      effecting others as well. I am sure there are other sites out there
      listing stuff on eBay and running webalizer.

      Thanks for the suggestion. Will take it into consideration.

      --
      Sincerely,
      William L. Thomson Jr.