3216Problem with running webalizer as cron job

  • vahagn_ave
    Apr 27, 2005
      Hi!

      I worked around the problem we had with webalizer and put it in the
      cron job queue. But while it works fine when I run it in from the
      shell line, the cron job execution fails due to:

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE) English
      Using logfile STDIN (clf)
      Creating output in current directory
      Hostname for reports is \'uk5.valuehost.co.uk\'
      History file not found...
      No valid records found!

      First I thought it was due the path to the log file since it was
      given as:

      ../../sitename/logs/www.acc_log

      So I changed it to the absolut path:

      /pub/home/sitename/logs/www.acc_log

      so even if webalizer is not called from its directory it should
      work. But still it works if I run it from the shell line, while the
      cron job fails to find the history file.

      I tried the server administrator, but the answer from them is just
      ยค"#**...

      What could this depend on?

      Thanks,

      /Vahagn