3149Re: [webalizer] Help me understand Webalizer , pls !

    Mar 17, 2005
      waldo said...

      i'll also note that no one else has
      > written an answer in the
      > group to that person's original question ;)

      Oooops, you're right.

      Okay, let's see, allow me to make a small answer for
      that person.

      The actual webalizer reports are generated in the
      files "output.c" and "output.h".

      The logfiles that are feeded to webalizer are parsed
      in "parser.h" and "parser.c".

      The nice graphs are generated in "graphs.h" and
      "graphs.c". Pretty obvious until here. (From now on
      I'll use something.h/c instead something.h,
      something.c)

      Webalizer uses internally both lists and hashtables,
      those are defined in "hastab.h/c" and "linklist.h/c".

      "dns_resolv./hc" make the DNS resolution, to translate
      IPs to hostnames.

      "preserve.h/c" I believe it is for managing the
      incremental mode, the histoy file, and such.

      Webalizer parses the logfiles with parser.h/c, saving
      the parsed information in structures which are defined
      in hastab.h/c and linklist.h/c. If dns resolving is
      on, it will use the functions defined in dns_resolv to
      resolve the IPs. Then it uses preserve.h/c to decide
      what output it should generate, and finally executes
      the functions in output.h/c to generate the actual
      HTML pages where you can the stats of your web server.

      Basically, "parser" will fill up the hashtables and
      linked lists, and "output" will simply go over them in
      an ordered manner and output them in a human-readable
      manner,and make some convinient calculations like
      "daily average of visits" by counting all visits and
      dividing by the number of days.

      The rest of things are just filler designed to add
      nice features.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic