3136Re: [webalizer] nofollow patch (bash script)

    Mar 9, 2005
      Hello:

      I think that the next version of webalizer should
      include nofollow tags in the Referrer list! My stats
      are slowly getting filled by spammers :(

      I have made a bash script that will create a clean
      logfile from a logfile full of referal spam.

      http://griho.udl.es/webalizer/clean_logs.sh

      Use like this :

      [root@griho httpd]# cd /var/log/httpd
      [root@griho httpd]# /root/netejar_logs.sh access_log
      Grepping the file for 297 spammer keywords, please
      wait...
      access_log ORIGINAL SIZE: 124512
      access_log GREPPED SIZE: 121798
      access_log DIFERENT LINES: 4380 end of diff
      a clean file was created from access_log and is called
      clean_logs.temp
      backup is in access_log.bk
      [root@griho httpd]# cp clean_logs.temp access_log
      cp: overwrite `access_log'? y
      [root@griho httpd]# service httpd reload
      Reloading httpd:
      [ OK ]
      [root@griho httpd]#

      Notice I'm using a live logfile, which is not
      recommended! You'll need to reload apache after this.

      Notice that I copy manually the clean file over the
      logfile. I always check the clean file size, to spot
      any problems BEFORE overwriting.

      http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html

      > enjoy!
      >
      > -Ryan