3127Re: Search strings, engines and agents STILL not showing up

  • jlyandco
    Feb 18, 2005
      It sounds like part of the problem here may be that Webalizer is
      running on a server that hosts at least a dozen different virtual
      hosts on my server.

      I don't think that I can list ALL of the different paths to the
      differrent logs in my httpd.conf file, can I? I know that -- once I
      "install" (okay, the IHP actually does it automatically when I say
      "go" from my server control panel) a webalizer.conf file is then
      available to me, which I can configure as I wish... but I think that I
      may "break"' something if I tweak my httpd.conf file without knowing
      EXACTLY what to do.

      So, are you suggesting that I modify my httpd.conf to read:

      CustomLog /www/logs/virtualhost01.com-access_log combined
      CustomLog /www/logs/virtualhost02.com-access_log combined
      CustomLog /www/logs/virtualhost03.com-access_log combined

      This is a bit over my head, so ANY help would be appreciated.

      Thanks for your patience as well as your guidance! You folks continue
      to demonstrate the better qualities in humanity... thanks!

      Kind regards,
      Jeff

      ================================

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > In webalizer.conf you have:
      >
      > LogFile /www/logs/jlyarberry.com-access_log
      >
      > but in httpd.conf you have:
      >
      > CustomLog /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/access_log
      > combined
      >

      > Shouldn't it be like this? :) Notice it says
      > "combined". Maybe you are using "common" instead.
      > THis would explain the problems you are having.
      >
      > CustomLog /www/logs/jlyarberry.com-access_log combined
      >

      > In your access_log you should have lines like this
      > (all in one line):
      >
      > xxxxxxxxx.direcpc.com - - [01/Feb/2005:23:56:59 +0100]
      > "GET /ipo/transpas/cscw.ppt HTTP/1.1" 200 535552

      "http://www.google.com/search?hl=es&q=presentacion
      +PPT+del+Planeta+Tierra&btnG=B%C3%BAsqueda&lr="

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic