3097Re: Error on run

  • jd_314159
    Jan 25, 2005
      You need to figure out which log record causes this and remove it
      from the file (manually). Try turning on the debug mode - this may
      help you to figure out the problem without having to go through the
      file. eg:

      webalizer -d ...

      Normally the Webalizer skips such records automatically, but it seems
      that there's something in this file that the Webalizer doesn't expect.

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "ejdbroker" <ejdbroker@y...> wrote:

      > Well if i try to manually run the script that calls webalizer for
      each
      > site i get:
      >
      > Error: Skipping oversized log record
      >
      > Some logs over over 6megs (all january).
      >

      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "jd_314159"
      > <jd_314159@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em
      > >
      > > Are you saying that some log entries are too big or that the
      > > Webalizer won't process a file because it's too big? The latter
      > > shouldn't really happen - there's no limitation on the file size
      in
      > > Webalizer (large files may put strain on memory though).
      > Exceedingly
      > > large entries should be reported and ignored by the Webalizer.
      > Find
      > > out the log line that gives you trouble and see if there's
      > anything
      > > unusual about it (eg. size, content).
      > >
      > > J.D.
      > >
      > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "ejdbroker"
      > <ejdbroker@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Well, you were right, the first site to process had a bad
      > > > webalizer.current file. The others seem to be ok, but now the
      > > > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em
      > > > because of their size. Anyway to bypass that? I dont see any
      > > > switch on the command to ignore that part...?
      > > >

      > > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "jd_314159"

      > error
      > > > websites
      > > > there may