3095Re: Error on run

  • jd_314159
    Jan 24, 2005
      > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em

      Are you saying that some log entries are too big or that the
      Webalizer won't process a file because it's too big? The latter
      shouldn't really happen - there's no limitation on the file size in
      Webalizer (large files may put strain on memory though). Exceedingly
      large entries should be reported and ignored by the Webalizer. Find
      out the log line that gives you trouble and see if there's anything
      unusual about it (eg. size, content).

      J.D.

      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "ejdbroker" <ejdbroker@y...> wrote:

      > Well, you were right, the first site to process had a bad
      > webalizer.current file. The others seem to be ok, but now the
      > problem is that the log files are too big. Weblizer skips em
      > because of their size. Anyway to bypass that? I dont see any
      > switch on the command to ignore that part...?
      >

      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "jd_314159"
      > <jd_314159@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > It depends on how your script is written. May be the first error
      > > makes it to bail out. This I cannot really answer. How many
      > websites
      > > have you tried to process manually? If more than one, then
      > there may
      > > be something in the log files that got saved in webalizer.current
      > > (may be more than one) and triggers this behavior. I don't think
      > 70+
      > > websites would be affected, but a couple can be (like a
      > hacking
      > > attempt producing very long URLs, etc).
      > >
      > > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "ejdbroker"
      > <ejdbroker@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > helpful suggestions. But there are 70+ sites each with their
      > own
      > > > webalizer.current file, you think they are all corrupt? When i
      > run
      > > > webalizer manually it pretty much immediatly errors out.....
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic