3072Re: resurrect January?
- Jan 11, 2005The history used to generate the home page is stored in
webalizer.hist (open it to see what it looks like - it stores last 12
months' worth of data). Last month's state is stored in
webalizer.current (that is where all data is summed up for each URL,
IP address, etc), as well as the current timestamp (everything prior
to this timestamp is ignored). You should be able to recreate your
stats by manipulating these files.
* Make a copy of your existing stats!!! Heck, make two copies, just
in case :)
* Do January 2004 with an empty output directory: -o empty-dir
* If you ever need to do this kind of thing for a month within last
12 months (_not in this case_), open webalizer.hist and replace the
mathing line in your old webalizer.hist with the one just generated
* copy generated stats for January 2004 into the old stats directory
* delete webalizer.current from the old directory and process all
January 2005 logs again.
This should do the trick.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Brian Quinn <brian@a...> wrote:
> here's my issue. i don't care if it takes some manual labor to do
> We keep our webalizer stats for each year since 2001. I screwed up
> first few days of 2005 ran, and overwrote my Jan 2004 stats. I
> my January 2004 log files, along with most of the year, but i
> September, so i can't just re-run the whole year. Is there a way
> run just January, then somehow drop the other months on top of it,
> just re-run December to update the images?
- << Previous post in topic