3007Configuring to work with logrotate

  • ricurtis2003
    Nov 9, 2004
      Hi all,
      I am a bit confused as to the best way to run webalizer in
      conjunction with logrotate.

      At present, I dont use logrotate on the web servers logs (It is
      Redhat 9 with apache2). The current crontab entry is:
      00 4 * * * /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c /home/site078/logs/078.conf

      which correctly rebuilds the webalizer stats nightly at 4.00am

      I now have to implement logrotate to rotate stats monthly.
      What is the best way to work with webalizer ?
      Should I get it to run monthly (*after* the logrotate) and analyse
      the previous months logs ? I understand that this way the stats for
      the month are only available at the end of the month.
      If I do this, should I have anything specific in my logrotate conf
      (in this case 078.conf)

      Or should I do it in a different way... can anyone else using
      webalizer in conjunction with logrotate offer any insight into how
      they do it.

      Thanks

      Rich
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic