2939libgd error from Webalizer

  • rkward
    Sep 29, 2004
      The following error occurs when attempting to run webalizer:
      "error in loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open shared
      object file: No such file or directory"

      I have installed all of the required packages from source without
      difficulty including the one listed above in the error message.
      (libpng, zlib, and webablizer, and yes, libgd too) These are all the
      correct version according to what was specified by webalizer.

      The source files are still present and I have rebuilt the package
      several times and even included the options to specifiy the proper
      paths:
      "./configure --with-gdlib=/usr/local/lib --with-gd=/usr/local/include"

      The symlinks are present as well as the actual library of the correct
      name.

      I have also updated the libraries through the following command:
      "ldconfig -v /usr/local/lib/"

      What else can I try? I don't believe that anything is actually missing
      but just slightly skewed.

      Keith